Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cool Opening Credits Typography


This caught my eye - how could it not? Enter the Void is a French film directed by Gaspar Noé and is described as a "psychedelic melodrama" (according to Wikipedia) that takes place on the neon streets of Tokyo. I haven't seen it. 

What piqued my interest as a designer though were the title credits that I found posted on Youtube. It seems that every person of any status involved in making the film got their own personal logo /type treatment in the manic, febrile opening credits. Some of the type stays on screen for less than a second - that's a lot of design mileage!

It's cool too because the type seems evocative of a very specific time; that is, maybe mid-to-late 1990's (though the film was made in 2009). This would be in keeping with the intense rave music as well. Are we seeing the very beginnings of 1990's cultural nostalgia? I suddenly feel old...

Anyway, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment